In 2023, corporate social responsibility is at the heart of the concerns of companies, whatever their size, status or sector of activity. Environmental and social issues go hand in hand with responsible purchasing.
At Eastwise, our aim is to have a positive impact on your supply chain, and on society, while being economically viable. For our suppliers, and for us.
CSR at our partner factories
What is more commonly known as CSR is in fact the contribution of companies to the challenges of sustainable development.
Until now, in our selection process of the factories we work with, we carried out production and quality audits. Although we have been working on the project since 2018, it is only recently that we have started a shift to be able to identify the CSR compliance of our suppliers by adding a social and environmental audit.
To implement this new approach, we called on Marjorie Hobin, from Mind Up Consulting, one of the best specialists in the field. Together with her, we defined a methodology. Then we explained to our employees the different aspects of CSR and how they should be applied.
The Eastwise CSR approach, on behalf of its clients, consists of 3 steps:
- Carrying out an audit of our suppliers according to well-defined quantitative and qualitative criteria (and in accordance with local legislative and regulatory frameworks),
- Supporting them with tailor-made solutions to resolve any problems raised,
- Ensure their progress towards compliance.
Now that the tests have been validated, we have gone on a field tour to implement this new procedure on site!
CSR at Eastwise
Yesterday, today… and tomorrow: the issue is internal! Because our company is transparent, resilient and deeply human.
As an integral part of the company’s values, CSR contributes to the improvement of working conditions while fostering pride in belonging. While it is always easier to advise others, at Eastwise we have decided to integrate ourselves into this new approach. For the professional development of our employees.
So, in parallel to what we develop for our clients, we have defined our commitments. Whether in terms of employment rights and prohibitions, health and safety, wages and benefits, environmental concerns… And we look forward to sharing them with you later this year!
See also our article Outlook 2023: purpose, values and commitments.
Closing remarks – by Jay Ren
Our Chief Operating Officer, who is in charge of the deployment of the CSR approach at Eastwise, sees three main benefits in these actions:
- At the request of customers, our European buyers are integrating CSR initiatives into their purchasing process, helping them to ensure a sustainable supply chain base and maintain a positive corporate image.
- This CSR approach further engages suppliers with their customers, contributing to long-term sustainability by identifying (and eliminating) risks, and promoting good practice.
- At Eastwise, CSR is about employee wellbeing and professional development, while helping to reduce our environmental impact.
A collective and exciting mission, in short!
Leave a Reply